Sunday 15 November 2015

Update - All Clear

Don't worry, everyone. I'm quite alright.

Well, no. No I'm not. I've got lacerations all up my arms, I occasionally black out, and my nosebleed can now officially be named as a national landmark, thanks to its likeness to Niagra Falls.

Oh, and Thia was right.

We are being stalked by someone.

Well, something.

I remember a fair bit of the encounter I had with the thing that had followed my precious Thia home after her lectures, and it was extremely painful. I honestly don't want to recount it, but I feel that you are... entitled to something.

Especially after my absence. Which was, of course, owing to a combination of non-functional computing devices - it appears that whatever the fuck that was distorts stuff like that - and nonfunctional cognitive abilities.

I was unconscious for most of the time.

Anyway.

When I left the apartment, knife in hand, I looked right first. I'm not sure why I did this, I normally look left, and there was nothing there - but I could hear whispering, and my ears started ringing as soon as I opened the door.

When I looked left, I saw him.

Or It. It works too.

Tall - maybe two and a half metres? A good eight feet at least - and wearing the suit and tie of a gentleman fair. Tendrils, like tentacles but less corporeal, more smooth and smoky looking, are writhing against the bright light behind him, and I can barely see.

Now, I know for a fact that whatever light was behind him was not natural. It was more like a high-powered spotlight than anything our building would have, and the lights in the corridors shut off automatically after five minutes.

But what I can see through the blinding glare is that it has no face. Its skin is deathly pale, and though it has cheekbones and hollows where the eyes would be, covered in smooth, marblish white flesh, it has no eyes, and neither mouth nor nose. No hair - that I could see - and an angular, unnatural jaw.

Its face was horrific in a simple way. Had the skin been darker, its face not been featureless, and perhaps some hair, I'd have easily said 'well that's just some guy' but this was clearly clearly something else.

Something worse.

And there's not a lot worse than man, is there?

But, being as clearly fucked as I was, the enraged past me decided to charge the thing and stab it in the head.

That's where I got the cuts on my arms from. The tentacle tendril things shot out faster than I could register the movement, and wrapped themselves tightly around my arms, squeezing and pulling and cutting into them, even as the knife clattered to the floor.

It pulled me in closer, and my vision went blurry, my skin burning against the light, against the radiation I've concluded he must exude, and it stretched me out. I heard joints pop, and I felt like my bones were about to break, when I blacked out.

I woke up half an hour later, with Thia just finishing bandaging my arms. She says that, from what she can tell, there's nothing too permanent - though I will have some nasty scars, and apparently my left shoulder had dislocated. It still hurts, but she assures me it's all back in correctly.

I trust her. We're both medical students, but she's going to be the better doctor.

By far.

Well, I'm pretty tired, and actually the sickness isn't too bad right now - plus it's 1:31AM at the moment I write this sentence - so I'm gonna head off to bed. I hope I don't bleed on Thia in the night. For someone who had always bled on a regular basis since about the age of 15, she's oddly squeamish about blood.

Actually, it's also fairly odd for a medical student to be afraid of blood too.

Either way, I just wanted to let you know I'm mostly alright, and not dead.

Oh. Actually, there was one more thing I forgot to mention. You know the knife? It was one of those 'strongest steel in the world' ones, always advertised as 'virtually unbreakable' and 'sharp enough to cut into iron and steel' and stuff. And it was. We even bought two and tested one with a claw hammer - and it was good enough to use afterwards too.

Really nice knives, actually. Great for cutting veg and all sorts. I must emphasise how unbelievably strong they are.

Well, he broke it.

Must've been after I passed out, or maybe he broke it when I tried to stab him and I didn't notice, or hell, maybe I even managed to stab him and it just broke against his skin.

But either way, we now have 1 ubersharp kitchen knife, and two separated halves of an ubersharp kitchen knife.

Fucking terrifying. I won't try that again. I'm gonna need a longer weapon.


Anyway. Goodnight. Be safe, and may we all live on 'til morning.

~ Kev Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment